This policy only applies to information we collect on the Website and in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website. It does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by any third party; or (ii) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Use and disclosure of information
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To send you our newsletter and other information that you request from us.
- To send you marketing and promotional materials by mail or e-mail.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- As a stand-alone asset in the event of sale, merger, reorganization or bankruptcy of our business.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and select third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to an advertiser’s target audiences. Even though we will not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
- To any subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use an “e-mail a friend”-type of feature, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Though we make every effort to preserve the privacy of the visitors to the Website, we may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including in response to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company or others. This includes reporting any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement for investigation or prosecution and/or exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Because we are committed to protecting the security of the information collected from users of the Website, we have implemented generally accepted standards of technology security in order to protect information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information disclosed online because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personally identifiable information when you are online. If a password is used to help protect that information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. If you are sharing a computer with anyone, we suggest you log out before leaving a site or service in order to protect subsequent users from gaining access to your information and decline to have your Internet browser remember your password.
Because no physical or electronic security is impenetrable, by using the Website or emailing information to Company, you agree to assume all risk in connection with that information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
© 2018 SMART GIRL TRIBE. All rights reserved.